Adam, Austin, and Jeremy all had projects to do for their school science fairs. Those are usually all scheduled around the same time of year so tri-fold display boards can be hard to come by. Ken had a great idea a few months ago to grab several; so a few weeks ago while many parents and kids were running around trying to find some display boards, we were cozy at home with our secret stash.
Here are their projects:
Adam's
Austin's
Jeremy had to build an animal cell: (this looked pretty cool!)
Josh has been working as a sushi prep chef at a restaurant called Kona Grill. They have really good food!! It's sort of an "east meets west" type of place. He looks pretty scary with that knife!
Adam had a winter choir concert. Adam is in the front row, second boy from the right wearing a yellowish tie...
This is an example of my terrible photography skills; I don't know why a camera gets put into my hands! I was trying to take a picture of Adam's choir concert and when the flash went off, I started to put down the camera. The flash went off again and this is what I wound up taking a picture of. It was pretty funny!
Ken volunteered to work at the finish line in November for the Ironman. He ran one in April and was so excited to go back and hand out medals the finishers!
Last Saturday (Dec. 4), our ward had their annual "Night in Bethlehem". It's held outside in our Bishop's pasture. Several years ago we built faces to buildings that would have been seen in Bethlehem, so we put those up and put on a program full of songs and kids in costumes, etc. There's even a real donkey and some sheep. That takes place after dinner, which is usually pretty good. Because they hold it outside and it takes place after dark, it's usually pretty cold. It took me hours to thaw out (and it was only in the 50s!). I'm such a Phoenician now, my blood is thin or something! I was too busy with the Primary kids to take any pictures.
Last night I held my annual piano recital. The kids play Christmas songs or they can also play regular songs; but it's a fun evening that I look forward to every year. The kids did a good job!! It's so fun to see how much they've progressed each year. I always give the kids a card, an ornament, and a Hershey's Symphony candy bar. After the recital we have goodies and visit and it's just a fun evening. Ken is my "Ace of Cakes" and made this piano cake. One of my younger students was reading the writing on the cake and said "holiday...rectal 2008". Pretty funny, it did say recital!
Other than that, I've had choir practices, Josh got his mission physical, and Austin was sick so I took him to the Dr. and he has strep. He didn't get very sick but really needed the medicine! This morning Josh had oral surgery. A few years ago when he had his wisdom teeth removed, the Dr. accidentally removed a molar instead; so Josh had to have an implant. About 5 months ago he had a bone graft done and then this morning the implant post was put in. He'll heal from that and when he gets home from his mission he'll get a crown put on it.
Whew! It may not sound like much but we've been extremely busy!! I have at least 8 loads of laundry upstairs to fold and several that need to be washed, I can't believe the laundry around here.
I've spent several hours over the past few days creating a poster in Photoshop and trying to figure out how to get Costco to print it out in 20" x 30"...but now I know how to do it and it won't take so much time next time. It's for the Primary's Jr. and Sr. classes of the month and we take the class's picture and put the picture on the poster and also give the kids their own little copy to take home.

So it's been such a busy time--we haven't even started our Christmas shopping!!
2 comments:
Ok, I am tired just reading your post!
What an adorable poster! All the running around can make you dizzy, but I wouldn't want the holidays for any other way!
Post a Comment