Welcome to my online journal

View slideshows at the bottom of my page

Friday, October 10, 2008

The old man that lived in a shoe...




Ok, so there really is a shoe house in Pennsylvania. It's now an ice cream shop. I lived in York for a total of 25 years and I've never once been inside this place~ I hear the rooms are really small. Wait...they sell ice cream and I haven't been there?! Maybe it's all that's going on in the world, but I am homesick for my childhood hometown. I don't really want to move back there, just miss so many things about it. I joined a group on Facebook called "I grew up in York in the 70s and 80s" and it's so funny reading the comments and things people remember.

So who's feeling nostalgic and sentimental lately?


This is typical Pennsylvania in the fall, so pretty! (Talk to me in February, though...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did we miss this when we were back there?? And I was back there TWICE and missed ice cream? Awful...simply awful...

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you, I love your Ben Franklin comment...he was such a trip!

whitney allison said...

I do so love Pennsylvania in the fall. I don't even remember the last time I saw the Pennsylvania trees change, I'm guessing it was in 2000.

Mendy said...

I love that old shoe and I haven't even ever been in it either! What's up with that?

The trees here are starting to look so colorful! I do so love the fall.

Amber said...

Gorgeous pictures. Let's be honest, we just grew up in a great place. We were so lucky to have such simple, happy-go-lucky childhoods.