Welcome to my online journal

View slideshows at the bottom of my page

Saturday, October 25, 2008

My baby is no baby...



For quite some time, Austin has been looking forward to this day. I remember October 25, 1996 like it was yesterday. When he was born, people thought he was born at 10:10 and weighed 7 lbs 4.3 oz. But no, he was born at 7:43 and weighed 10 lbs 10 oz! That is not something you soon forget. From moment one he has been a great joy. He is a smiler, for sure, and loves to help people. He likes to have fun, is a really good friend to people, and is always up for trying new things. My kids can have whatever they want for breakfast on their birthday, and today Austin asked for scrambled eggs with onions, sweet peppers, and toast (on sprouted grain bread). Mind you, if they asked for cake, doughnuts, pizza, etc. they would get it; they can have ANYTHING...and he chose the healthy stuff! I asked him why and he said "Mooooom, gueeeeeess!" I said "what's her name?" and he just smiled that big smile of his and said that there's not one girl, but three. Uh oh...my baby is no baby anymore! Happiest of all birthdays to you, Austin!

12 great things about Austin:
1. he is so friendly
2. he is really responsible--I know I can count on him
3. he is fun to hang out with
4. he is easy to get along with
5. he is a gentleman
6. he shares really well
7. he has gorgeous eyes
8. his smile lights up my day
9. he is charming
10. he has great character
11. he is honest
12. he is playful

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Austin! What a big year for him!!

I'd like to add my own list too...

1. He is GREAT with kids!
2. He's got great manners for his age
3. He is always willing to help out
4. He's very sweet
5. He is smart and wise :)
6. He likes to have FUN!
7. He's very thoughtful of others around him
8. People like to be around him
9. He's got great charisma!
10. He's awesome at figuring out video games
11. He's great at Lego mosaic designs!
12. He's very mature and growing up way too fast! :)

We love ya Austin, I hope you had a great birthday!