Welcome to my online journal

View slideshows at the bottom of my page

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Is it just me?

Ok, so I watched the debate last night. While I'm not the biggest John McCain fan, I certainly want him to be our President over Barack Obama. When asked about his associations, Obama skirted the issue every time. He named some very respected names when talking about who he gets his philosophies from. (Did you notice he kept looking down to read the names from his notes? If they were so influential, why would he have to read them?) One MIGHT believe him...if they hadn't read his books. In his 3 books, 2 of which I've read, he names the very people John McCain was referring to as his mentors, friends, associates, respected colleagues, and people who have been most influential in his life!!! His own books! So how is it that people are so fooled by this man? My thinking is this. John McCain needs to be our President for, if nothing else, these 2 reasons:

1. nobody becomes President without some serious financial backing. Once President, they then have favors to give. Barack Obama will owe favors to some very dangerous people and he will use our country's resources to pay them back...and that's a best-case scenario. Even if Obama has the best of intentions (who knows?), he will owe HUGE favors he won't be able to deny.

2. whether the President is Republican or Democrat, we can't have Congress and the President be from the same party. Too many bad things are passed when that happens, where are the checks and balances then?? President Bush has been seriously ineffective over the past 2 years because Congress has had a Democratic majority...not because he hasn't tried to do good things.

Of course there are MANY other reasons, not the least of which is that John McCain has served our country in the most personal of ways...but that's right, we are the American voters who voted TWICE to put Bill Clinton in office when he admittedly ran to Canada rather than be drafted into military service...is it just me, or are we in trouble?? (By the way, was anyone fooled by Obama's wearing of the American flag pin last night? Geesh, he might as well have stood up and pledged the flag in front of everyone, too...if he could remember the words.) I really hate politics, I really do. Why, oh why didn't we pick my man Mitt?

As far as the school goes, Austin did tell me they offered him granola bars as he sat and watched the clock tick away in the office all day. Their story was they are sorry they missed calling us, they were dealing with 34 other students in the same situation. Austin said there were only 4 kids in the office with him...hmmmmmm, curious...anyway, these are the times I wish he would stand up for himself and ask to call me. I wonder if he thought I was ignoring their phone calls or if I refused to come get him? Poor little guy! Then, after that all day, he got to get 2 shots! It wasn't his best day ever. I'm happy to report he has fully recovered. Report cards came out and except for Jeremy's AP biology grade, we have all A's and B's. Good job, boys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am So withyou on the politics thing...missed the debate...was putting kids to bed.

So bizarre that a school would look at a child sitting in their office all day and not call their parents! Maybe this was something Austin learned from, to stand up for himself in the future?

Ha ha, maybe he was OK with sitting there, it would've put off getting the shots until later! :) It's what I would've done! LOL!!