Welcome to my online journal

View slideshows at the bottom of my page

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Calling all parents...

Remember back in the day when we were the teens and did things our parents never found out about? Or did they?? Da da da...Well, here we are, the parents. Don't you wonder what your kids are doing that you don't know about? Or is the truth that we really don't want to know?! For me, at least, gone are the days when we know exactly where are kids are, who they are with, what they are doing, and when they will be back. I mean, we have a pretty good idea, but do we really know? Hmm...

By the way, I never did anything my parents don't know about. Seriously. At this point, I'd tell if I did.

The other night went well; the swim meet, concert, and softball games were a success. The boys had a great time. Ken and I took the opportunity to go out to dinner in the hour prior to the concert while the kids were all at their activities (either early for practice, or still there late) and had a good time. We went to Carabba's Italian Grill (mmm, worth it for the bread, olive oil, and herbs alone...) and got done just in time for me to make it to the concert. Thank you to Josh who gave me a Carabba's gift card for my birthday. I can't believe I waited this long to use it! We saw some friends there and had fun saying hi. Our friends were carrying "to go" boxes and said they just had to take food home to their kids, who also love Carabba's. To be honest, we haven't taken our kids there or had them taste the food because I can't imagine taking a family of 6...$$$.

I had a job interview yesterday for a research position at ASU. I'm so incredibly impressed with the professor running the research I'd be participating in. She is incredibly smart, down to earth, and easy to talk to. I'd be fortunate to work on this project, fortunate to work with her, and fortunate to get my foot in the door at ASU. We'll see how this pans out in the next few weeks.

Apparently, "going to lunch" is my present, part-time career. Tuesday I got to visit with a friend who had a birthday. She also had surgery on her foot and is trying hard to recover so she can resume her usual duties as everything to everyone, as many women are. Today I'm going to lunch with a very good friend of mine who I'm lucky to know. If practice makes perfect, then I'm an expert "luncher". To date, my longest "lunch" spanned just over 8 hours. Yes, 8. A neighbor of mine and I went to a really fun place nearby and sat and talked and talked and talked and talked. We were actually hungry when we left because we'd only had a drink and a muffin! After all that time sitting in a place that sells food, we had to get home to eat. Maybe I'm not as good at this as I think I am. I'm looking forward to lunch with another very good friend of mine, but that will be next week.

If you haven't caught on by now, this blog is more of a fun journaling experience for me, probably for many of you, too. But I love reading my friends' posts. It's like I get to visit with them each time they write something new. So keep them coming!

No comments: