Welcome to my online journal

View slideshows at the bottom of my page

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer stuff

Last Tuesday evening Adam had his promotion ceremony from junior high to high school. I was excited to go cheer him on and it brought back memories of Josh's promotion, which seemed to take place just a year or two ago...but it was in 2004! Jeremy didn't tell us about his promotion so we missed out on that. Adam went to the movies with Ken while I taught piano lessons. When they were over I got a text from Ken saying that Adam didn't want to go. That made me sad because I wanted him to see us there for him, but we decided to respect it and not make him go. :( I'm still sad, though. Their last day of school was a half day on Wednesday.

Summer always seems to come so fast. Yesterday morning swim team started...at 5:30 am!! The boys were all ready to go on time, which is impressive. I'm wondering whose horrible idea it was to sign them up--for the next 2 months every single weekday we have to drag ourselves out of bed at 5:15 am to get over to the pool. But they like it and it's so good for them in every way! I dropped them off at the pool and came home and hit the treadmill, then cleaned up the kitchen. Today the kids were ready but not quite as early as yesterday. I haven't hit the treadmill and am seriously considering heading back for more sleep...the best of intentions gets you where, exactly?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear Jeremy is going to get his drivers license so you can get some rest in the morning! Yeah!